Thursday, August 24, 2006

And so I am caught up in another Sitcom...

So those of you who don;t know, I am a huge Superman fan.

HUGE!

So when I saw that a TV show was coming about Superman as a young man, I was thrilled until I saw it was being made by the same folks as Dawsons Creek.

Anyway, 4 years later and I have never seen an episode. I try to stay away from shows like the Sopranos, 24, and the like since I do get caught up in them, but never have the time to watch. Figure if I never see one, I won't get hooked.

Works too, never seen half the shows everyone talks about. Anyway, I prefer movies to TV anyday so it all works out.

Then 2 things happened.
I saw Superman Returns and got a surge of Super Fandom all over again for the Man of Steel
and
I heard Oliver Queen was going to be on the show (Green Arrow) who is another idol.

So Erin and I picked up Season 1 (Normally when I get the bug I get everything I can get my hands on, but just incase it sucked or was too "teen" Soap Opera, we stuck to 1 season.

And now...
I am totally hooked. It's like a blend of Superman, X-Files with some relationship stuff mixed in. 3 episode in and I am dying to see more.

I will say that while I like it, it's still not my favorite TV show of all time. So for those who care, here is my top 5 shows of all time.

1. Firefly - Only one season than a movie, but this show was great. It's a western in space were the main characters are smugglers an outlaws, but still seem to do the right thing (most of the time anyway) from the creator of Buffy (Although I have never seen that show either)

2. X-Files - 9 seasons and actually got worse at the end, but Season 2-6 were amaxing with never ending conspiracy and aliens. A very dark show that kept you wondering about all the characters.

3. Star Trek - The Original Series and TNG - I know, "GEEK ALERT" but the truth is this still falss under my favorites because of the characters and the friend relationships. I also have a special place in my heart for this one since it was on the first Sci-Fi shows I saw as a kid with my father. Covering modern subject on a future text made this show set 200+ years in the future seem relative to today.

4. Justice League and JLA unlimited - who cannot love a show with all your favorite super heroes made by guys who love superheros and comics. Great stories (Most anyway) and an ongoing plot that made this animated series spectacular.

5. Mork and Mindy....

Just Kidding

5. The West Wing - So to not be a total geek, I watched the show until it;s end alst year and enjoyed that while I am not political, the subject of the show and the characters did not require you to have a degree in modern politics.

Other notables.
Law and Order - 2000 years and running and finally getting a bit stale, but back in the day I could watch this for hours on TNT.
Fututama and The Critic - Funny, well amde, and cancelled - Damn you FOX.

Anyway - Gotta run. Smallville is on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home