Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Wii's Have it


In another impulsive buy this weekend I got my hands on a Nintendo Wii. I had never even seen the Wii and have not been a huge Nintendo fan since I prefer more adult games and graphics on the 360 and PS3, but hey, they actually had one and there I was. So now I have one.

All I can say is this little thing (almost the size of a portable DVD player) rocks. The graphics are fair at best, and the games seem very childish so far, but this thing is just plain fun. I have been playing the little sports game (Tennis, Bowling, Baseball, golf, and boxing) and it really is just plain fun to play with the motion sensor controls. To bowl for example, you hold the controller just like the ball and swing your arm. It can eve tell if you twist your wrist to add spin to the ball. Very cool.

I got one game, SSX, a snowboarding game. To jump you throw your hands up like your jumping, to sp[in, you spin.

All in all, very enjoyable. The only down side is that it shows how out of shape I still am since an hour of bowling almost killed my and I can barely move my arm. Just like real bowling, except no waiting for the ball return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home