Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Not So KING



So last night Erin and I watched the new King Kong. All I can say is, dang that a long movie.

3 hours and 8 minutes to be exact and while some of the scenes were great and it is a good remake with some substantially good changes from the original and 80's remake, it is just to long. Erin and I agree you could have cut a good hour and it would have been perfect ince after w while we just got plain bored with it. It picks up from time to time and I love the box on the ship that says (danger, Sumatran Rat Monkey ) for all you Dead/Alive fans, but they need a anti-directors cut since some scenes just dragged on forever.

With Lord of the Rings I did not mind the extended versions (11+ hours) since the core material is so long and comples and it was done in a way that furhters the story and huge caast of characters. Even so, LOTR still had a theatrical version which was shorter and more fast paced to keep most audiences intrigued. I think they should have done the same thing here.

The ape was cool though and I liked Jack Black in it. Worth a watch if you liked the other Kong movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home